Monday, July 05, 2004

Vroom-------Screech

My life has finally come to a pause.
I can actually relax and not worry about homework or putting on a show.
Showchoir is there for me now but we're still early in the process of that and we only meet on Mondays...Today is a Monday!

today I went to commotion and was still half asleep and definitely not mentally or physically prepared for it. We ran three laps around the track after stretching and that woke me up. To tell you the truth that is one of the main reasons I joined Commotion. It gives me a reason to run and that's what I need otherwise I'm in the bad habit of not staying healthy. Hopefully I can lose some weight here in the process and tone up my muscles. YAY!
When It came time for us to sing he brought us up in quartets and I was picked in the third quartet and it was very apparent that I didn't look at the music at all...
Needless to say I was quite embarrassed. We did get two new songs and I was quite pleased with them. One is from the musical Pippen which I have yet to see but have heard a lot from and one was written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney and performed by Earth Wind and Fire.

I have a new, old Latin saying I want to base my life on It's Carpe Diem. Carpe Diem is a Latin expression meaning "seize the day". The saying is attributed to the Roman poet Horace (65 B.C. to 8 A.D.). Carpe Diem is probably the shortest and best known formulation of the idea of viewing life as a gift and making one's own fate. It is the challenge to recognize the prospects of the now, make the best out of every day and consciously enjoy the moment.

So to all of you out there I say Carpe Diem and good night!

No comments: