Sunday, January 09, 2005

Speech meet


I'm probably the only one who is going to say that I had a great time at my speech meet. It was a roller coaster of emotion for me. I went through a tired state, a discouraged state, an energetic state, and a psyched state. I had a great time the other day and when I got home I was way too tired to do anything except sleep. Wait, I lie. I did go to Chad's house to eat pizza. As I promised here is a small run through of my day. Due to IHS rules though i was prohibited from taking pictures during rounds. But I did get some pictures. Here is how a day at speech tends to go:

Heres what time I went to sleep friday night:

I woke up saturday at:

Boy I was ready for a funfilled day of speech!

After getting all dressed and meeting everybody at our school we get on the bus...for an hour drive.

Chad and I used my guitar to write a song for the speech team. If you want to hear it just ask and I'll have Chad and I sing it for you at the next meet fellow speechers. If you aren't a speecher just ask we'll be happy to oblige...believe me the pleasure is ours HEHEHE...Good times.

Here we've arrived at Buffalo Ridge, the school hosting this weeks meet. Mike here isn't sure what the hell he's doing...ha...duckpants....anyway the more important aspect of this photo is on top of that blue case there. YEP! it's rice on Your Shirt. I'll apogize now and say he's not in too many other pictures like I said he'd be. But I do believe my fate at this meet was guided by that little guy. his spirit was with me all day!

Here's what a speech room looks like. You sit in a chair a coach comes in and then you give him/her your filled out critique sheet. during the performance the judge takes down notes and advice for you on your presentation. Then afterwards the judge gives you a score 1-6 or 7 or more depending on the size of your room. 1's are the best. each speech is usually about 8 minutes long but sometimes somebody sux and goes over(which they get deducted for)this throws everything outta whack and pisses everone off at the meet because it usually sends the whole meet into having to stay longer. Which by the way did happen at this meet. I think there were also problems in the tab room (where they tally all the scores and assign awards). The room looks like it hasn't much space but that's because...well actually it really doesn't...ha. it's hard sometimes. As for the kid in this picture...he's a real shmuck! He's really monotone and his OC...isn't funny. Oh well can't all be born with the ability can we...SUCKAS!

After all the rounds are done and everyone is back in the lunch room we wait for the finalist posters to go up. right away when I got out of my HDA round I find out that I made the OC next-in finals.WOOT WOOT! (next in is like, you're good but you're not good enough for the actual finals...but you'll still compete for a little medalion!) So just when I thought I could relax i'm looking for the room and running my OC in my head.

Here's the room my next-ins were in. I was so happy to actually have space this time. Yeah that's trigger in the picture there. He sadly didn't make it in anything today...tough luck. He was so depressed he started perfoming his DI here in the OC room and when people came in he got plenty of dirty stares...just kidding...he's got a big dick, he didn't cry.

Ah yes look who surprisingly made...BOBO THE FUCKING CLOWN! God I hate this kid.

I did awsome in that round. I had tons of energy...almost too much energy. Story: So whenever beginning a speech and ending a speech it's normal to give a little head bow. Now by the end of my OC I had built up so much energy that when I went in to give my end speech head bow I did about the dorkiest thing ever. I went into my head bow more like a head bang. If you'd like just ask me to reenact the act if you run into me somewhere...Trigger will back me up when I mean i looked PHUCKING ridiculous. Ah well. I loved it!

As soon as i got out of that round I went to go wait for awards...BUT! It turned out my HORRIBLE HDA made next-ins too. I was absolutely surprised. We had done horrible all day long. Leali and i got ready and found our room right away.

We had to wait a long LONG time. I don't know what happened to our judge but she must've gone out to get dinner before deciding to come judge our event. We were waiting for about 45 minutes for that wench. I didn't care I was just in awe that we were there.

This is a rare in action photo. Taking pictures during performances is illegal and thanks to Trigger's ignorance he took one anyway. Thanks Trigger...bad quality sorry. We actually did really good here in our final round. we were in absolute awe! a sense of pride welled up in both of us.

Thank for watching my HDA Trigger...wait what are these pictures? You horny bastard!

Here is our only actual Finalist members...wait, is it...the Hoch is there...but who's Berverka? Hahaha, we love you Jessi!

when everything is done we all pile into the auditorium of the school and we get called for our awards...heheheh yeah about that i forgot about my camera whilst I was there so no can use your imagnation it's a room filled with all the billions(overdramatization) of speechers huddled up and yelling and making a rucous till they call awards and then we applaude. YAY!

Well after 8 performances, no lunch or dinner, very little time to myself, and a short bathroom break i was ready to head home...




...with my TWO MEDALS...

Third in OC next-ins and 2nd in HDA next-ins...WOOT WOOT.

The true heroes that day were Jessi and Mike who broke for HDA getting 3rd place overall. Jessi speaks for them both with her smile.

Well that's about it. I put out a heart felt congratulations to everyone who went to the other meet. you guys tried your hardest I heard. you'll all have to give me the scoop sometime.

I hope you all enjoyed my post. I have to credit all of what happened to me that day to one of my closest friends...yes...Rice on your shirt------Get some sleep lil buddy...we have to do it all over again next week.

No comments: