Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Umez

Umez
I was a little bored today so I met up with my friend Sarah Watts and we drove over to the mall to shoot the shit. I wanted to go to FYE and see if they had the new Kings of Convenience cd Riot In An Empty Street...but they didn't...whores. Sarah has had this crazy hankerin' to go visit india and the area around it for quite some time and she remembered a store there which...I forget the name...sarah you read my blog what was the name of that place? Anyways this place had rare imported statues and clothes and bangles and jewelry from Nepal and places near it. We met the store owner who explained everything to us and was very fluent in english. I've made a new friend now and his name is Umez. I'll have to get a big group of people and we'll all go visit him sometime. He's 22 and has only just recently lived here but he's really neat and I bought a cd with some sitar music on it...sweet! I'm telling you people this place is so culturally rich. I'm sorry it's placed in the mall in a horrible place...you barely notice it. Sarah if I missed anyhthing let me know.

No comments: