Sunday, April 22, 2007

Pink Bullets

I don't know if any of you are big indie rock fans but I sure as hell am. I was messing around with some equipment and some stolen software on my computer last night and I was able to mix down a song done by The Shins called Pink Bullets...I don't own a pop filter(yet) so the vocals aren't all too great and the levels are kinda shoddy...I realized later what the problem was (computer related) but I was finished with the song by that time and I don't think it's too bad. If you'd like to hear scroll down to the bottom of my blog here and find my little project playlist player and scroll to the last two songs on the little list thingy. You'll see the first one has no effects(except for an echo filter on the harmonica part) and then the other one has a myriad of phaser type things - that was just for fun. Listen and let me know whatcha think! You may have to hit play and then hit pause and let it sit for a bit to load (I do) but if that doesn't work for you or if you run into any other problems e-mail me and I'll send you the mp3 file...that way you can add it to your ipod if you'd like).

The family came up the other day and we unloaded most of my room of its contents...kinda devoid in here but when move out comes up here in a week I'll just have to basically hop in the van and take off. So close...Stay cool!

No comments: